I always start my day with the aroma of my coffee brewing in my Ninja Coffee Bar. The aroma awakens my senses and my coffee is the elixir to start my daily routine. However, there are days when my mood is pulled sour when I face hitches with the machine, or my coffee doesn’t turn out the way I would like it. But instead of leaving for the day in this cranky mood, I follow the following few ninja coffee bar troubleshooting tips to get things done and have my dose of coffee for the day.
So yeah let’s follow these few easy tips to make sure you don’t get deprived of your daily elixir and avoid being cranky at work. These steps are very simple and you can do it easily in just 10-15 minutes.
1. The Clean Light in Ninja Coffee Bar Troubleshooting
Like every other machine you own, the ninja coffee bar recalls to needs maintenance. For the machine to work properly it needs to be cleaned and in the case of the coffee bar, there is this calcium build up that prevents the machine from its normal functioning.
And to make things a little easy, it has this ‘Clean’ button that tends to be ignored by many users. What this does is, it lights up whenever the calcium buildup starts affecting your coffee. So what you need to do is:
- Select the brew dial to full position and make sure you place a flask to catch the water on the machine.
- Once done, add vinegar to the water reservoir or a descaling solution preparing the cleaning mixture.
- Leave the filter in the machine to clean your ninja coffee bar as well.
- Now press the CLN button on the machine and begin the cleaning process. The machine does this on its own. Once the step is complete, the CLN light changes indicating a Flush option.
- For this remove the flask and the wash the reservoir and filter. Fill the reservoir with fresh water and hit the CLN button again. This will remove the vinegar out of the system.
- Once this is done, the Clean light will no longer be on and you can return to your normal brewing.
Make sure you clean the machine every two or three weeks, this will prevent the clean button to light up and you will get to enjoy a refreshing cup of coffee.
2. Residues At The Bottom Of The Cup
This one really riles me up and a major cause of my crankiness in the morning. However, a quick troubleshoot and say goodbye to this too.
It’s all because of that filter! The permanent filter in the machine that conserves the coffee for its rasping flavor. To avoid this simply use a paper filter or better yet a size four cone filter paper would definitely be the best option.
So replace that filter paper and say goodbye to those annoying sediments at the bottom of your cup.
3. Coffee Bar Not Brewing The Right Amount
Terrifying I know, especially when you like to take your fill before moving on with the day and you don’t get the required amount. When I first used the coffee bar the amount turned out fine, but on my fifth or sixth use the amount changed and my worry grew.
However, it all vanished when I realized that the machine offers different brew sizes and different brew types. If brew size is right, brew type might be not suitable. If you are sure about the brew size make sure there is enough water in the reservoir. If the problem still persists then the Coffee bar needs cleaning.
One example of the type and size of brewing is the Over-Ice brew, which gives you half the amount of that of Classic. And it is to be brewed over ice, so yeah make sure to choose the right amount and type.
4. Coffee Bar Keeps Going Down
It can be very annoying if you set the coffee bar to brew and the machine stops mid-brew. Or you don’t get the required amount before the brew stops. Pretty nasty, I know.
If the machine stops brewing, make sure if you selected the right brew selection and placed the right mug below it. If the problem still persists, turn off, unplug and then restart the Ninja Coffee Bar. If this doesn’t solve your problem, then it’s probably time to clean the Ninja.
5. Water Leakage
The water leakage problem in the Ninja coffee bar troubleshooting is probably due to the reservoir being overfilled. Fill it only up to the line indicated.
Water leakage when the reservoir is removed is normal and so is the dripping around the filter and the top of the mug, when the coffee is brewed.
6. Not the Same Good Old Coffee
A bad tasting coffee may have several reasons behind it. Check for the following things and replace them to enjoy the same great taste and goodness.
- For a coffee too strong, try using fewer coffee grounds or granular grind size.
- For week coffee do the opposite, increase the ground amount, and a smaller grind.
- Maybe you have changed your coffee brand and it doesn’t taste nice. Or you happen to have a bad batch of the coffee.
- The water you are using might not be suitable. If the drinking water doesn’t taste good so doesn’t the coffee you make with it. Change the water or filter it to enjoy a better cup.
Look for these signs when the coffee doesn’t taste good. Follow the solutions mentioned to enjoy a steamy cup.
If you look at it, you will realize that the basic troubleshoot is to simply clean the Ninja Coffee bar on a regular basis and all your problems will simply vanish. Other than that, make sure that the water level and the grind size are appropriate and you select the right brewing size and type. Ensure the maintenance of your Coffee Bar it will ensure to give you a good steaming exotic cup of coffee to let you start your day in a good mood.